Every stage in life is different. That’s why the life advice provided below is subdivided into the stages where they are most important. Read through the different life advice for every point of your life and see how they compare to your own stage in life right now.
Life Advice for You In Your Teens:
- Don’t put too much importance on what others have to say. Be your own person and don’t mind other people’s opinions.
- Peer pressure is a real thing in your teens. Do not succumb to peer pressure. Have the strength to say no to bad things. Just because everybody is doing it doesn’t mean it’s right.
- Cherish your youth and try not to grow up too fast. Teens nowadays want to be older and more sophisticated. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but you are only young once so enjoy it while it lasts.
Life Advice for You In Your 20's-30's:
- This is a great time to explore and try new things. Don’t be afraid to fail and make mistakes.
- Lather on sunscreen because your life could depend on it. Take care of your skin early on in life and reap the benefits of smooth, young looking skin when you get older. Avoid smoking and drinking as much as possible and get enough rest. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to help you stay healthy. Steer clear of junk food and sugary treats.
- Travel! Your 20s are the best times to travel. You are still able-bodied have the means to pay for your travel expenses and have very little responsibility. Take advantage of this much freedom.
- Invest your money in something worthwhile, like a retirement fund. Starting early will ensure that you are covered when it comes time for you to retire.
Life Advice for You In Your 30's-40's:
- At this point in life, most people are married with kids. Its time to invest for your children’s future. Get an insurance plan so that in the event of an accident, your children will not be left with anything.
- Ease back on the working hours. You are most likely on top of the corporate ladder by this time. Enjoy life a little bit more by delegating tasks to other members of the team and give yourself time to relax.
- Spend time with family and friends. Spend time with the people you love and cherish the most while you have the strength and ability to do so.
- Have your health checked annually. At this point of your life, your bodily functions slow down and you could be affected by any number of illnesses. If you want to live a long and healthy life, you should not neglect getting an annual physical examination done.
Life Advice for You In Your 50's and Above:
- The 50s-60s and above are a great time to sit back and relax and enjoy the benefits of retirement.
- Let go of mistakes and past wrongdoings. You are already at the point of your life where your mistakes are no longer bad experiences but great lessons and tales you can tell your grandson or granddaughter.
- Do more of what you love. It is during this time when you have more time to do the things you want to do. You are probably no longer working or have passed on the family business to your son or daughter. This means you have more time to learn something new or do something else completely.